Thursday, April 28, 2011

HornetTek Phantom MP-2020 500GB High Definition 1080P HDMI USB Portable Full HD Media Player w/LAN Streaming (mkv, H264, RMVB) - Retail Review

HornetTek Phantom MP-2020 500GB High Definition 1080P HDMI USB Portable Full HD Media Player w/LAN Streaming - Retail
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
The HornetTek Phantom is a wonderful device.The menus are nice, the remote works well, and networking this was a breeze.I didn't use the supplied software because it requires a HD installed and I didn't have one available.I just shared the drives on my PCs, created a generic users/passwords, and logged in once to each PC.

Wired network was a snap.Just like a PC, recognized the router and was connected within 35seconds.For wireless, you NEED the HornetTek adapter.Like most players, the factory adaptor is unique to the players.Good thing it was only $20.Had no problem getting hooked to my secured wireless router. NOTE:The "fat" wireless dongle doesn't fit in the rear USB.I had to plug it into the front USB.Later, I will get a short USB extension and move it to the rear.Maybe hang it up a bit higher for even greater reception!

My router is downstairs.This mediabox is upstairs.The wireless connection was FAST and I had no hesitation in the videostream.

The player plays just about everything!The only files it didn't play was the native MOD extension that came my HD camcorder.I had to convert them to MPG, and it played fine (not a bad thing because my video editing software didn't read MOD files, either).When playing ISOs, it mounts it like a DVD player and you have full controls to menus.When playing multiple VOB files, you have to choose the "VIDEO_TS.IFO" file, or it will not play seamlessly.I ran a 8GB ISO and a 4GB MKV, via wireless connection, and it was smooth as butter.As the box reads, it plays all of those.

Video and audio was almost perfect.When playing files, avoid playing small MOV, FLV, or WMV files.They get grainy and hard to see (like early YouTube).To get 1080p, you will need to use HDMI.I'm running HDMI and playing a 1080p MKV and it blew my mind!Awesome quality!

Menus were easy to navigate.The video preview is a nice touch, too.

Overall, I am very happy with the performance.

I am curious to how well the supplied software works.I was unable to test it, as it requires you to install a 2.5" SATA HD into the Media Player.Oh, did I forget to mention that?This player supports an internal 2.5" SATA HD.This is great for moving movies directly to this HD, then taking this box on vacation or in the family van for long drives!

There are three good things to also mention.The HornetTek Phantom and the Patriot Box Office is the EXACT same thing.Same remote, same physical hardware, same user manual.One makes the other.I'm confident that HornetTek is the original MFG.This is good to know for three reasons:1) Patriot Wireless adaptors are somewhat hard to find in stores.2) The user manual for the Patriot is well written, where the HornetTek is written in broken English by some dude in China, who was "really" trying.3) The Patriot Box Office comes with everything the HornetTek Phantom does, but also a HDMI cable.

Click Here to see more reviews about: HornetTek Phantom MP-2020 500GB High Definition 1080P HDMI USB Portable Full HD Media Player w/LAN Streaming (mkv, H264, RMVB) - Retail

Product Description:
HornetTek Phantom MP-2020 is a stand-alone powerful portable mini HDMI 1080P Full HD Media Player that comes with HDMI output (video/photo/music) with Full HD decoding/1080p/.mkv/H.264/RMVB LAN streaming technology. It is a HD media player that frees your digital media library from the PC to your home entertainment system to bring your movie, music, photo to your living room. Experience the highest quality HD video possible and crystal clear audio with Dolby? and DTS? surround sound. With support for the most popular media formats (H.264, ISO, VOB, DivX, xVid, MKV, MOV, MPEG and more) you can remove the limits of your media collection. It comes with build-in 500GB Capacity hard drive, and now you can store all your media files, favorite movies, music and photos into HornetTek Phantom MP-2020 HD Media Player. It is very small portable size HD Media Player that you can carry around with you while you are traveling or sharing your home video & photo in friends' house.The HornetTek Phantom MP-2020 HD Media Player comes with USB 2.0 interface that offers high-speed data transfer rate (Up to 480Mbit/sec). It comes with HD Digital video and audio output ports (HDMI, SPDIF Digital Optical Audio output) also with standard composite (RCA AV output). Yet, if build-in internal hard drive capacity isn't enought for you, MP-2020 comes with two USB host port which allows you to connect addtional external USB hard drive into this devices.Features: ?Full-HD 1080P video play back on your TV system ?Build-in 500GB Hard Drive?Browse photo with background music playing ?Stream and transfer files through Ethernet and USB 2.0 Host port ?HDMI?Composite (RCA AV output)?SPDIF Digital Optical Audio output?LAN Streaming, BT Download?Support both NTSC and PAL video out ?USB host for additional USB Hard drive, USB Pen Drive playback. ?Support Dolby and DTS decode ?Dimension: 5.70" (L) x 5.5" (W) x 1.5" (H)

Buy Now

Want to buy HornetTek Phantom MP-2020 500GB High Definition 1080P HDMI USB Portable Full HD Media Player w/LAN Streaming (mkv, H264, RMVB) - Retail at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:



buy it at amazon.combuy it at amazon.co.ukbuy it at amazon.cabuy it at amazon.debuy it at amazon.fr

No comments:

Post a Comment