Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I ordered two of these from the manufacturer to replace my 3.5 inch 1TB storage.I am trying to minimize hardware and power consumption.
The build quality is very high.
The drive is quiet and doesn't put out much heat at all.It got a little hot when I was transferring 1TB of data to it.But under normal operation it only gets slightly warm.
It plays 1080p movies fine.
The manufacturer page lists the exact hard drive that is inside of it:
[...]
I read reviews for the Toshiba drive it uses.The drive rates very high for sustained throughput (up to 100MBps), but falls behind a bit for random access.So basically this drive is good for storage, video playback, and large transfers.
It is also bus powered which is nice.And it has a 2xUSB->DC adapter so you can turn two extra USB ports on your computer into external power for the drive.I use this adapter to provide extra power to the second one on my FW800 chain just to ensure it has enough power, though it probably isn't necessary.
Click Here to see more reviews about: MiniPro 1TB External 2.5-in FireWire 800/400 USB Portable Hard Drive
Product Description:
The Oyen Digital MiniPro 2.5" portable hard drive provides a flexible combination of 1394b FireWire 800 1394a FireWire 400 and USB 2.0. The drive can be powered using bus power and is equipped with the industrys best Oxford chipset which is approved by Apple/Avid/Digidesign and many other hardware and software manufacturers.
Want to buy MiniPro 1TB External 2.5-in FireWire 800/400 USB Portable Hard Drive at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:
No comments:
Post a Comment