Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I've used LaCie drives for years and they seem to fail far less often than other drives I've used (WD, Seagate, Maxtor.)Perhaps one of the reasons that my hard rives fail often is that I tend to be a little rough on them.I edit video, often on location, so I drag my drives all over the place.I'm hoping with it's rubberized shell, this LaCie will go the distance.I love that it is self-powered so I don't have to lug a power adapter with me.It's one of the few portable drives that is fast enough for video editing.I purchased the case LaCie Cozy 3.5-Inch Hard Drive Carrying Case 130903 (Grey) for it as well to further protect it.I'll update this review if it dies.
Update: I've used this drive for a year and it's still going strong!I'm going to upgrade to a larger capacity model soon.
PS - It always makes my day to know that people find these reviews helpful. So, please vote (the "Was this review helpful to you: Yes or No" buttons) and leave a comment if you'd like, even if it's just to say, "Hi!" I respond to all comments so feel free to ask a question about the product. Also, when you leave a comment, I will go to your reviews and pay you the same courtesy.
Click Here to see more reviews about: LaCie 301438 320GB Rugged 7200rpm FireWire 800/FireWire 400/USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive
Product Description:
You live in the real world full of bumps, spills and adventures. The ultra-portable LaCie Rugged Hard Disk is your data's best protection for the real world. This external storage solution offers the supreme speed of FireWire 800 along with FireWire 400 and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces for true universal connectivity. Exchanging data between Macs and PCs is easy with LaCie's Triple Interface solution. It even comes with a USB power-sharing cable for low powered USB hubs/computers. Since it's bus-powered and plug and play, simply plug it into just about any computer anywhere. With maximum interface transfer rates of up to 800Mbits/s with FireWire 800 and 7200rpm and 320GB storage capacity, this high performance hard drive is ideal for audio/video and digital content creators. Take it with you when working on the road or transferring files from one desktop computer to another. It's perfect for Apple PowerBook G5 or G4 users who need data backup, video storage and large data volume exchange like DV video on the go. Its unique varnished, scratch-protected aluminum shell and shock-resistant rubber sleeve make the LaCie Rugged Hard Disk especially resistant to harsh elements for extra protection wherever you go. The exclusive creation of world-renown designer Neil Poulton, the LaCie Rugged Hard Disk is essentially our award-winning, popular PocketDrive with a new and improved design. Box Content: LaCie Rugged Hard Disk, FireWire 800 (9-to-9 pin) cable, FireWire 400 (6-to-6 pin) cable, Hi-Speed USB 2.0 cable (USB 1.1 compatible), USB power-sharing cable, Quick Install Guide, User Manual, LaCie ‘1-Click' Backup Software (Windows/Mac), LaCie SilverKeeper Backup Software (Mac).
Want to buy LaCie 301438 320GB Rugged 7200rpm FireWire 800/FireWire 400/USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:
No comments:
Post a Comment