Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Patriot Dual Bay 2.5" SATA RAID Enclosure Portable External Hard Drive PCXL25SR Review

Patriot Dual Bay 2.5' SATA RAID Enclosure Portable External Hard Drive PCXL25SR
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I purchased this for two WD 500GB drives to have a mirrored USB backup drive after my Seagate FreeAgent 750GB failed costing me an arm and a leg to recover the data.

I decided to get a mirrored system for all my important data.

The instruction is not that good.I had to search manufacturer's web site for answers.The 2nd drive's light started to blink red/green.I found out from their site that I need to install the software to build the 2nd mirrored drive.

The yellow latches / covers for the drives feel flimsy and weak.Doesn't feel very study with the drives inside, so don't drop it.It gets really hot if you don't stand up the enclosure with the enclosed holder.

So far, it is working!I will have to test how a failure will work before I will trust to copy all my data onto it.

Here's what I did.I put the drives in, plug it to USB, set the jumpers, press the black button one time, wait for your PC to detect the new configuration, you can see this in Disk Management, install SiliconImage from CD, reboot PC, connect this drive to USB, run software to see drive, rebuild drive 1 for mirror, took 3 hours for 500gb.

Update: The 2nd drive would fail on the mirror almost every time I plug it in (USB).The drive wants to rebuild the mirror.Tech support told me to check chipset on motherboard."For external use it is only support by Nvidia chipets 680i, 780i and 790i."

Click Here to see more reviews about: Patriot Dual Bay 2.5 SATA RAID Enclosure Portable External Hard Drive PCXL25SR

Product Description:
Patriot Convoy XL is designed to make music, pictures, movies and data, secure and portable. Engineered with a built-in raid controller, Convoy XL is capable of raid 0,1, and JBOD. Comprised with dual 2.5" hot-swappable SATA drive bays, Patriot's Convoy XL makes it easy to switch drives without shutting down or rebooting the system. Whether used external or internal, Patriot Convoy XL is the storage solution that provides the ultimate in data reliability and performance for notebooks, desktops, workstations, server, and apple platforms

Buy NowGet 6% OFF

Want to buy Patriot Dual Bay 2.5 SATA RAID Enclosure Portable External Hard Drive PCXL25SR at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:



buy it at amazon.combuy it at amazon.co.ukbuy it at amazon.cabuy it at amazon.debuy it at amazon.fr

No comments:

Post a Comment