Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I bought this drive because I have the previous version of WD Passport and it is fantastic.
This version, however, is a huge disappointment. WD set aside about 700mb for their Virtual CD
which prompts you to install their software everytime you connect the hard drive.
In order to de-activate it, you have to download several software from their website and go through a long step.
Even then, you will not get that 700mb of space back.
I understand that they are trying give us the software but why can we not delete the program if we do
not want to use it? I do not usually leave reviews but this is just unacceptable to me.
I will not buy another product from WD unless they stop doing this.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Western Digital My Passport Essential 250 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive WDBAAA2500ABK-NESN (Midnight Black)
Product Description:
WD's ultra-portable My Passport Essential USB drive, features WD SmartWare data management and backup software that backs up your data automatically and continuously, shows your backup as it happens, and restores lost files effortlessly. Password protection and military-grade, 256-bit hardware-based encryption lets you secure your data.
Want to buy Western Digital My Passport Essential 250 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive WDBAAA2500ABK-NESN (Midnight Black) at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:
No comments:
Post a Comment